Four-day training program includes meeting with government officials, tour of the Toledo City Council Chambers, and innovative programs with community leaders with disabilities.
Twenty high school juniors and seniors with disabilities will be selected to attend.
There is no fee to the program.
Student applicants must mail, email, fax, or drop off the completed application packet no later than April 30th, 2022. Please include an email contact if you have one. Applicants will receive an email confirming that their application materials were received.
- Semi-finalists will be selected and contacted by telephone to arrange a personal interview. The interviews will be conducted by a selection committee. Interviews will take place prior to May 20, 2022 at The Ability Center or online.
- All applicants will be notified by letter whether they are selected to attend the forum. Letters will be mailed by May 27, 2022.
- After being selected, students will be asked to complete a virtual orientation and provide additional information in order to attend the forum.
- All appropriate expenses will be paid by the Youth Leadership Forum, including such expenses as food, interpreters for students with hearing impairments, and personal care attendants for students with physical disabilities.
To be eligible for the Youth Leadership Forum, students must:
- Have a disability.
- Be in 11th or 12th grade as of December 31, 2021.
- Be eligible of services with Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD).
- Have demonstrated leadership potential in school and community.
- Reside in Ohio.