Stay informed, exercise your civic duty, and make a difference by accessing all the essential information you need to cast your ballot with confidence.
What is a Special Election?
• A special election is held during the middle of a term to fill unexpected vacancies in the state legislature make Constitutional Amendments
What issues will be on the ballot?
• LRCA; Issue 1: Require a 60% majority from voters to approve a Constitutional Amendment
o Would make it harder for groups to get onto the ballot in the future by requiring signatures from every county in the state (currently the law only requires half)
How does one participate in the August 8, 2023, Special Election?
• Registration is open now till July 10, 2023, at 4:30PM
o All documents must be submitted to the offices of the Lucas County Board of Elections (3737 W. Sylvania Avenue) during their weekly office hours (8:30AM- 4:30PM)
Drop Box is located at the back of the parking lot and can be approached by vehicle
• In order to register the forms must include a voters:
o Ohio Driver’s License Number or the last four digits of a social security number
When and how someone can vote:
• An Individual can vote early through an Absentee Ballot or on election day
• In person absentee early voting will be from July 11, 2023- August 6, 2023. Times to vote are as follows:
7/11-7/28 8:00AM- 5:00PM; 7/31, 8/2-8/4 7:30AM-7:30PM; 8/1 7:30AM-8:30PM; 8/5 8:00AM-4:00PM; 8/6 1:00PM-5:00PM
Weekends closed; with the exception of August 6th
o At the Early Vote Center (3737 W. Sylvania Avenue, Entrance C)
• Must bring one of the following in order to vote (In Person Absentee Voting and In Person on Election Day Voting)
o Ohio Driver’s License with current or former address
o Ohio Id with current or former address
o Interim ID from BMV (until driver’s license or ID arrives in the mail)
o Military ID U.S. Passport or Passport Card
A suspended drivers license that has not expired may still be used as photo ID for voting