Encourage kids to create their own lunches using a handy checklist. This practice not only promotes independence but also gives them a sense of ownership over their meals.
If you need a personalized checklist, our Youth and Family Coordinator is here to help – reach out to them to craft a list tailored to your child’s preferences and dietary needs.
- Breakfast for lunch – hard-boiled egg, a slice of meat, fruit, plain toast/waffle
- Hummus with chips
- Kabobs – cheese, veggie, meat on a stick
- Mini cold pizza – use a pizza kit (crust, sauce packet) and include a zip bag of cheese/pepperoni
- Mini tacos – pick their favorite non-soggy taco ingredients
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Peanut Butter Banana Roll Ups
- Peanut Butter with Apples
- Pizza biscuits
- Protein Bars with fruit and chips
- Stackers – crackers, cheese slices, and pepperoni
- Turkey Wrap
- Waffle with cream cheese