Inclusive adaptive programs at Metroparks Toledo cater to folks of all abilities, allowing everyone to participate in sports and stay active.
Content from Lunch and Learn on April 6, 2023
Metroparks Toledo staff can adapt many programs to be accessible to anyone who would like to participate. Reasonable accommodations can also be made. Please tell us your needs at the time of registration, but no later than 72 business hours prior to the program. For additional information or questions, please contact Ashley Smith at 419.265.2920 or
Accommodation Request Form
Metroparks is committed to providing opportunities for all people to utilize our parks, facilities and programs. Should an individual feel that he or she has been unable to access a Metroparks facility, program or service because of lack of accessibility the individual should contact Metroparks staff by calling 419-407-9700 or by using our email form. Individuals may request a face-to-face meeting with a Metroparks staff member to discuss their concern.
● All programming can be made adaptive
● All program calendar can be found here
● Recreation Equipment Catalog found here
● Private programs require eight weeks advance notice
● Attendees can try all the different adaptive chairs at the Metroparks
● Adaptive equipment and accessories are available, which can make a big difference in
● The Ability Center has been working on many different programs, including adaptive
archery, which is held indoors.
● The Explorer Trolley is accessible
● Secor Barrier Free Playground is located at 100001 Central Ave. Berkey, Ohio 43504
Manager of Public Programs
5100 West Central Avenue
Toledo, Ohio 43615-2106
Pronouns: She, Her, Hers